Re: [opensuse] curl error-connection time out
  • From: Joe Morris <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 22:28:33 +0800
On 01/30/2009 09:15 AM, Peter Poeml wrote:
And, you can already test http://en.opensuse.org/Libzypp/Failover today,
if you want, which is the way to go for the future.

Thanks,
Peter

I think this would be a great feature and would greatly help the
downloading. I have had so many problems redirecting to some dodgy
mirrors that will give a curl error after it has slowly downloaded the
file til 100% it made me change all my repositories directly to mirrors,
but that has also had some problems (I suspect many are doing that). I
already voted for the 2 features mentioned in your other email, but I
have a question. I am running 11.1 x86_64. My understanding of the
above site is the code is already in there, and all I would need is to
set the env var ZYPP_ARIA2C=1, so I created /etc/bash.bashrc.local and
added export ZYPP_ARIA2C=1, which does show up in my env as well as
root's. When i changed the URL for my repositories back to
download.opensuse.org, they went from under repositories to under
services, but I thought OK, maybe using aria2c changes that and I really
don't care, but when opening Software Management, all the moved
repositories failed. Did I misunderstand some step? Thanks for working
on this problem, it is growing worse as I assume the mirrors get overloaded.

--
Joe Morris