Re: [opensuse] KDE4 (.1 and .2) and opengl desktop effects
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:08:06 +0100
When trying to enable desktop effects, I can only choose xrender and not
opengl. It does tell me to check my X Configuration. This is true for both
4.1. and 4.2. (which I just installed this morning). I checked in yast and I
have 3D drivers installed and enabled.

I do have a GeForce4 card which as I have read seems to lack shaders and can
not support some compositing effects. Still, shouldn't I be able at least to
use other opengl effects?

Just guessing... you have this in your xorg.conf?

Section "Extensions"
Option "Composite" "off"
EndSection

Try setting Composite to on