Re: [opensuse] It's Clean Already!
  • From: Philippe Andersson <pan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 08:49:53 +0100
Clayton wrote:
I've just been treated to what, according to my Web searching, is a very
old problem: Launch feedback and a taskbar entry for "HTTP Cache
Cleaner". It's been bouncing along, now, for several minutes. CPU
utilization and I/O volume are very low.

What might be the solution to this? All the "*cache_cleaner*.desktop"
files I can find have the startup-notify option set to "false."

What's the proper solution to this?

By the way, in many years of using SuSE / openSUSE Linux, I've never
seen this.

I get the same on my 11.1 install from time to time.. the Cache
Cleaner runs for 5 to 15 minutes... the mouse cursor never stops
"bouncing" the whole time. I've never looked into the cause/solution
though. It never happens often enough for me to remember to go
hunting it down :-)
I've seen it only once until now (OpenSuSE 11.0) -- if I remember
correctly, it happened at a time when I was experimenting with the
network configuration and temporarily lost name resolution. Not sure
whether there was a link, though.

HTH

Ph. A.

--

*Philippe Andersson*
Unix System Administrator

The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for
the recipient (s) named above. This communication is intended to be and to
remain confidential and may be protected by intellectual property rights. Any
use of the information contained herein (including but not limited to, total or
partial reproduction, communication or distribution of any form) by persons
other than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited. Please notify the sender
secure or error-free. Ion Beam Applications does not accept liability for any
such errors. Thank you for your cooperation.
< Previous Next >