Re: [opensuse] 11.0 K3B - mp3 audio decoder plugin not found
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 01:47:21 -0500
On 2009/01/30 17:26 (GMT+1100) Basil Chupin composed:

Felix Miata wrote:

I ran http://opensuse-community.org/codecs-kde.ymp immediately after
installation, and so had and have the requisite repos enabled. I became tired
of seeing the subject message every time K3B opened. I tried in YaST2 to find
the K3B MAD Mp3 decoder it complained about not having and could not figure
out which package contained it. So I Googled, and found I asked this same
question last July. Joe Morris answered k3b-codecs. Anyone know why the ymp
did not install k3b-codecs, or why K3B doesn't come right out and name the
missing package?

Cannot answer your last question, but you also need to install
libxine1-codecs.

I'm going to take guess and say the reason why libxine1-codecs was installed
before I started this thread is that running codecs-kde.ymp caused it to be
installed. I suppose a good enough answer to question 1 above would confirm
this.
--
"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he
is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/