Re: [opensuse] dual boot issues
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 00:21:17 -0500
On 2009/01/29 17:07 (GMT-0800) Adam Sailer composed:

I'm dual-booting Win7 and OpenSuse 11.1 just fine, each on its own primary
partition.

Since Win7 obliterates the master boot record, I installed it first =)

Do it the other way round, and I think you have to boot from the Suse DVD and
restore GRUB.

Or don't mindlessly put Grub on the MBR in the first place. Most of the time
there's a primary partition for Linux, no need for Grub on the MBR.
http://en.opensuse.org/Bugs/grub#How_does_a_PC_boot_.2F_How_can_I_set_up_a_working_GRUB.3F
http://fm.no-ip.com/install-doz-after.html
--
"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he
is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/