[opensuse] Suse 11.1 encrypted partition access
  • From: "John R. Sowden" <jsowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 19:25:27 -0800
I created an encrypted partition when I set up my 11.1 distro. Now, unlike my
other computers, which just give a line in the scrolling text to enter the
key, on this one, I get a pop up window asking for the key. When I enter it,
it does not accept the key. After a couple of weeks of this, I decided that
I might have mixed up a key with another, so ...

I went to the Yast partitioner and reformatted the /dev/sda8 partition with a
new key. Same results. The window is not accepting the key. I have not
lost any data because I never got in in the first place.

thoughts?