[opensuse] KSM server won't start
  • From: Lee Ross <leeross@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 18:15:12 -0900
I installed Opensuse 11.1 Kde4 I686.iso live cd on my MSI MS-7125 Mobrd
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor. I installed the nvidia driver with One
Click install. On restart I end up being stopped with an error that says I
cannot start KSM server, Check your installation. Checked the
.xsession-errors which tells me my current CPU does not support SSE.
Something else I read, can't remember where, said the kernel was wrong
version. Can't find what the right one is supposed to be. Existing kernel
is 2.6.27.7-9 Default. The KDE version is 4.1.3

I installed the nvidia driver so I could get my 8600GT 512 graphics card
working at full power.

I'm stuck at this point and don't know what to do. I can only use my 64bit
machine from cntl-alt-F2 as I cannot get to X.

Thanks,

-
Lee Ross
Anchorage, AK