[opensuse] It's Clean Already!
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 17:50:14 -0800
Hi,

I've just been treated to what, according to my Web searching, is a very
old problem: Launch feedback and a taskbar entry for "HTTP Cache
Cleaner". It's been bouncing along, now, for several minutes. CPU
utilization and I/O volume are very low.

What might be the solution to this? All the "*cache_cleaner*.desktop"
files I can find have the startup-notify option set to "false."

What's the proper solution to this?

By the way, in many years of using SuSE / openSUSE Linux, I've never
seen this.

Randall Schulz

P.S. Just as I was about to send this message on its way, the bouncing
cursor and the taskbar entry disappeared. I estimate it was running for
about 7 minutes.