Re: [opensuse] First attempt at installing wireless
  • From: peter nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 16:39:55 +0000
On Thursday 29 January 2009, Fred A. Miller wrote:
Greg Freemyer wrote:

Forgive me for this, but buy an Intel mini-PCI to replace the Broadcom.
MOST 1525's shipped with the Intel 3945 chipset card, and it's one of
the best made.....cost is $30+.

Fred

--
Someone is a liberal when you can't reason them out of
anything, because they never reason themselves into any

Interesting you should say that because i tried exactly that with my Compaq
Presario V5030 laptop and it would not boot just put up a message about
unsupported PCI card so i had to go back to the Broadcom card which is now
working completely it has to be said

Pete .

--
SuSE Linux 10.3-Alpha3. (Linux is like a wigwam - no Gates, no Windows, and an
Apache inside.)