Re: [opensuse] Organize Your Digital Photos - exiftool and jhead
  • From: nordi <nordi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 14:03:14 +0100
Manne Merak wrote:
Thanks, ok, almost there. How do I only get the diff files?
The issue is I dont want to re-backup the old photos, just the ones
after a specific date.
It will not re-backup stuff that is already in the backup. On the first
run, it will of course copy everything. During the second run it will
only copy files that where modified or newly created. So when running
this script twice, the second run should finish in a few seconds because
it does almost nothing. That is also the reason why I can backup my
entire $home in <1 minute: Rsync only copies modified files.

If you have some of your data backed up somewhere else and don't want to
rsync that, use the --exlude-from option. Also useful to prevent backing
up browser caches or ~/.thumbnails.

The --delete makes sure that files you have deleted on your harddisk
will also get deleted in your backup, so that your backup matches
exactly the state of your system.

Regards
nordi

--
Spam protection: All mail to me that does not contain the string "suse"
goes to /dev/null.