Re: [opensuse] Organize Your Digital Photos - exiftool and jhead
  • From: nordi <nordi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 11:02:00 +0100
Manne Merak wrote:
On this, how do you people backup your photos?

The second is difficult unless you just dump the whole lot every time -
but these dirs get BIG.

Just use rsync. I have switched from a hand-written backup script to
rsync, and it is simply 1000 times better (conservative estimate). All
you need is

#!/bin/bash
tobackup="/home/manne/pictures" # no trailing slash
storage="/media/your_usbdisk/pic_backup"
nice ionice -n7 rsync -av --delete -HAX "$tobackup" "$storage"

A script like this does a backup of my homedir in <1 minute after the
initial run.

Regards
nordi

--
Spam protection: All mail to me that does not contain the string "suse"
goes to /dev/null.