Re: [opensuse] Re: questions related to KDE4 in opensuse 11.1
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 23:31:44 -0600
On Wednesday 28 January 2009 08:02:08 am jdd wrote:
1. How can I hide the panel?

you can, but this is not reliable: some apps are hiden anyway :-(

How can I add hide buttons to the panel?

AFAIK there are no more, so forget hiding the panel :-(

2. How can I place/mount removable devices, as USB flashdisk,
floppy etc onto the desktop as before?

probably no more necessary. This is IMHO the best thing of kde4, you
have a dolphin left menu ("emplacements" in french) with all and any
mounted device and there you can umount them safely

3. I do not like the 'kickoff' start menu so I always switch to
the older mode. How can I add the recently used option there?

I couldn't do this anymore. and worst, the recently used apps menu
have only 4 entries and I don't know how add more (I use 8)

Why

can not I add application icons to the desktop and panel from
this menu?

only works in kiskoff. All this makes kickoff the only tru option, alas!

4. How can I set the font size of the digital clock in

the panel? The fonts of the date are just too small.

set the hight of the panel? right button or right clic, edit...

For now it seem to me that KDE4 is more like gnome than classical
(very nice, polished and useable) KDE3.

I use many USB devices, so the new place menu is a must, it's the only
thing that make me use kde4

jdd

It is time to check KDE4 4.2.
They still develop faster then I can learn.

For instance the widget handling new connected devices is new one and now it
is mounting media automatically under /media and also you can safely remove
them from that list.

The list of widgets is much larger and there are now some useful.
It will take some time to find out what to do with all toys that are available
now.

--
Regards, Rajko