Re: [opensuse] Mandatory updates in 11.1
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 19:08:15 -0600
Kevin Dupuy wrote:
On Wed, 2009-01-28 at 15:59 +0100, Klaas. wrote:
Dave,
I did that a long time ago when I set up the 11.1
system. Automatic update - once a day.
There may be an issue with the repositories in the Update
configuration, which ones do I need for the Mandatory
Updates to show up?
greetings,
Klaas.

Huh. Automatic update? Do you mean you set it up to automatically update
every day or just to check for updates every day (which is the default
configuration anyway)? If it's automatically installing updates
everyday, then you're not being notified because it's not needing to...
it's already installing!

If you would like to make sure the updates are coming through, open the
Software Updater. In GNOME, it's Computer menu > More Applications... >
Update Software. I'm not sure about KDE, but look for something in the
menu regarding Software Updater, PackageKit, etc. It should
automatically refresh.

Unlike 10.3, the update repositories are set up by default in 11.1. So
you shouldn't have to worry about setting that up.

Also,

I don't know what update did it, but on 11.0 the openSUSE Updater icon
was
removed from the start menu. So for kde, you need to launch:

/usr/bin/opensuseupdater-kde

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC