Re: [opensuse] Gad! Windows 7 looks like KDE 4!
  • From: Larry Stotler <larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 12:46:02 -0500
On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Lew Wolfgang <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Since I have to support Windows users as well as Linux, I
fired up the latest VirtualBox last night on a 11.0 desktop.
I then loaded up Windows 7 Beta and it blew my socks off!
It looks like KDE 4!

I've been saying that KDE4 looks like Vista for a whole now(other than
the new taskbar in 7)

So, what's going on? Is Microsoft ripping off the KDE community,
or visa versa?
Either way, this is a "good thing" that should make it easier
for Windows users to move to Linux desktops.

No, it's not a good thing for a lot of us who don't care for the new
"direction" that KDE4 has taken. I'll stick with KDE3/openSUSE 11.0
until I can make KDE4 work like need it to work and not the other way
around. These changes haven't been good for a lot of us, and the KDE4
devs are still forgetting our friends with disabilities that can't use
KDE4 at all in some cases.

Just my own not so humble opinion.