Re: [opensuse] Mandatory updates in 11.1
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:46:04 +0100
On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 10:42:21AM -0500, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 9:59 AM, Klaas. <kplists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Op 28-jan-09 schreef Dave Feustel:

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 03:14:38PM +0100, Klaas. wrote:
Hello,
Today I started my 10.3 openSuse system and was
greeted with the orange triangle telling me that
there are 5 updates.
On my openSuse 11.1 system the triangle never
shows up. I cannot believe that there are no updates
for that system so I assume something is lacking.
I asked before and so this is probably too stupid
to ask but please will some kind soul steer me in
the right direction?
thank you,
Klaas Punt

Become superuser. Run yast. You will see options for online update and
online update
configuration. Select those options and set appropriate flags.

Dave,
I did that a long time ago when I set up the 11.1
system. Automatic update - once a day.
There may be an issue with the repositories in the Update
configuration, which ones do I need for the Mandatory
Updates to show up?
greetings,
Klaas.

Just:

openSUSE-11.1-Update

Server: download.opensuse.org
Directory:/update/11.1/

I think.

I happen to have just done a fresh install. Only 8 security patches
available via you.

Other recommended ones, but only 8 mandatory.

There are currently 34 security updates for 11.1, but not all of them
are applicable to a default install.

Ciao, Marcus