[opensuse] Re: questions related to KDE4 in opensuse 11.1
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 15:02:08 +0100
1. How can I hide the panel?

you can, but this is not reliable: some apps are hiden anyway :-(

How can I add hide buttons to the panel?

AFAIK there are no more, so forget hiding the panel :-(

2. How can I place/mount removable devices, as USB flashdisk,
floppy etc onto the desktop as before?

probably no more necessary. This is IMHO the best thing of kde4, you
have a dolphin left menu ("emplacements" in french) with all and any
mounted device and there you can umount them safely

3. I do not like the 'kickoff' start menu so I always switch to
the older mode. How can I add the recently used option there?

I couldn't do this anymore. and worst, the recently used apps menu
have only 4 entries and I don't know how add more (I use 8)

Why
can not I add application icons to the desktop and panel from
this menu?

only works in kiskoff. All this makes kickoff the only tru option, alas!

4. How can I set the font size of the digital clock in
the panel? The fonts of the date are just too small.

set the hight of the panel? right button or right clic, edit...

For now it seem to me that KDE4 is more like gnome than classical
(very nice, polished and useable) KDE3.

I use many USB devices, so the new place menu is a must, it's the only
thing that make me use kde4

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net