Re: Attachments (WAS: Re: [opensuse] off-list messages)
  • From: G T Smith <grahamsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 11:01:55 +0000

Kai Ponte wrote:
G T Smith wrote:

Heh - replying to myself...

I just got an email in Outlook (running under Crossover) with over eight
megabytes in attachments.

http://www.perfectreign.com/stuff/2009/20090127_email_attachments.jpg

It wasn't a problem to open in Outlook, but Thunderbird completely
bombed when opening.

Hmm... on a metered internet connection (e.g. GPRS) this could be a
problem, it is amazing how these things accumulate if you allow them,
and on a dialup link the sender would be very unpopular with the
recipient....

As an ex-Mail server admin I can remember the 'polite' discussions one
used to have with departmental secretaries which thought it a good idea
to distribute several megs of departmental docs to all members of
department by email... not funny at time...

- --
telephone.

Bjarne Stroustrup