Re: [opensuse] dual boot issues
  • From: M Harris <harrismh777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 01:41:36 -0600
On Sunday 25 January 2009 07:39, Dave wrote:
 If not, would anyone be interested in helping me figure this one out?
What happens... symptoms please?

I have my daughters ACER laptop dual booting between wishta and
opensuse
10.3/ I had an interesting problem that I've never encountered... the first
few times that wishta started it gave me a black screen and fatal startup
errors... like it could tell that something was very wrong with the MBR and
wasn't happy about it. On about the fourth bootup wishta began working "as
normally as you might expect it too... it sucks..." and the dual boot has
worked since---very strange behavior. I am wondering if they have finally
rigged W7 so that dual boot will be a royal pain./ (sour grapes
stuff?) ... just guessing of course. I don't plan running W7... and
wouldn't even have wishta if it hadn't come preloaded on my daughter's
ACER... we will probably drop it... it can't really do anything and I'm not
about to buy any windows software!

--
Kind regards,

M Harris <><