Re: [opensuse] resizing NTFS partitions?
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:29:44 -0500
On 2009/01/27 11:23 (GMT-0500) Greg Freemyer composed:

How do I "clean" my NTFS partitions via Vista (or whatever) such that
I can resize them during a OpenSUSE 11.1 install?

== What I tried
I have a laptop that came with Vista home edition.

Does the Home Edition lack Vista's own partition resizing tool? If not, then
use it. Google quickly found me
http://www.vistarewired.com/2007/02/16/how-to-resize-a-partition-in-windows-vista
to explain how to use it. Note that like provides a link to a command line
tool to perform the same function for those who'd rather not use a GUI
partitioner.

By default, Vista uses a different partition alignment scheme than
traditional partitioning tools. If you want to change the size of most
pre-installed Vista NTFS partitions, best to use its own tool provided for
exactly that purpose. If you're installing from scratch, then partition first
with your favorite traditional tool, and Vista will be perfectly happy to use
what you offer it.
--
"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he
is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/