Re: [opensuse] Anti-virus in Linux (openSUSE 11.1), is it required ?
  • From: Larry Stotler <larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:10:15 -0500
On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 12:38 PM, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a separate firewall, so I don't enable it on my other computers. The
main purpose for AV on Linux is when it's used a server for Windows boxes.
Viruses are not an issue for Linux.

Agreed. Almost all routers have a firewall built-in so it's kinda
pointless to have a firewall running on a desktop behind one. On a
laptop, that's a different story. I always disable the firewall on my
desktops.