Re: [opensuse] dhcp on Suse 11.0
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajohansson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 20:11:15 +0100
On Tuesday 27 January 2009 19:58:17 James D. Parra wrote:
Thanks again, David, but I had previously tried all of those to no avail. I
think there is something dhcp server side that Vista is expecting. There is
no firewall on the server and all other workstations get IP addresses.

I seem to recall having an issue with windows once, that if it felt a certain
IP address belonged to it, where the dhcp server disagreed, windows would only
request that address, disregard the NAK, and never send a DISCOVER request.

If my memory isn't deceiving me here, the solution would then be to force it
to release the address (something like ipconfig /release I believe, but I am
very much not a windows user)

Anders