Re: [opensuse] bug in kernel-source-2.6.27.13-2.1 from http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Kernel:/HEAD/openSUSE_Factory/
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 00:16:42 +1100
Philipp Thomas wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 13:05:16 +0100, you wrote:

Takashi Iwai <tiwai@xxxxxxx> said the following on the
opensuse-kernel-mailinglist:

It seems that we recently disabled paravirt on default config.
So pv_* don't exist any more.

I guess it's a problem nvidia side, e.g. you are building with the old
object refering to non-existing pv_*.

Looks like there is no bug in the Novell kernel but rather in the binary
blobs Nvidia provides.

Philipp

But the OP stated that he had no trouble with the nVidia driver with the
earlier kernel; the trouble arose when he went to use the latest kernel
from Novell. In addition to this he received a response from Takashi
Iwai stating, as you can see above, "It seems that we recently disabled
paravirt on default config."

The conclusion can only be that before paravirt was disabled in the
kernel the nVidia driver worked perfectly and that if it was again
enabled in the kernel the nVidia driver would work.

The problem is pointing at the kernel and not the nVidia driver. But
what would I know.

Ciao.

--
"I do not instruct the uninterested; I do not help those who fail to try. If I
mention one corner of a subject and the pupil does not deduce therefrom the