Re: [opensuse] [OT] Is there a problem with the Novell SLES update site ?
  • From: Philippe Andersson <pan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 13:16:14 +0100
Sandy Drobic wrote:
Philippe Andersson wrote:
Is anyone on this list aware of a problem with the Novell (SLES 10)
online update site ?

I registered a new subscription yesterday, but fail to download the
updates. I always get curl errors to the effect that the SSL certificate
doesn't verify:

--------------------------<cut>-------------------------------
Curl error for
'https://<hidden>@nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLES10-SP1-Updates/sles-10-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml':
Error code: Unrecognized error
Error message: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK.
Details:
error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate
verify failed
--------------------------<cut>-------------------------------

I got similar curl errors when I tried to update a new machine. The only
solution was to configure a mirror for the repositories in "Software
Repositories" and deactivate the preconfigured repositories that point to
download.opensuse.org.

My error messages occured when I tried to configure the online update:

Error
Download failed:
Curl error for
'http://download.opensuse.org/update/10.3/repodata/patch-MozillaFirefox-4758.xml':
Error code: Unrecognized error
Error message: connect() timed out!

Good luck!
Thanks a lot for your reply, Sandy. In the mean time, I found TID
#7002146 that explains that this problem could be caused by the local
clock being too far out of sync.

That was indeed the case: I'm setting up a new server, and hadn't
configured NTP yet.

Doing so solved it for me.

HTH

Cheers. Bye.

Ph. A.

--

*Philippe Andersson*
Unix System Administrator

The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for
the recipient (s) named above. This communication is intended to be and to
remain confidential and may be protected by intellectual property rights. Any
use of the information contained herein (including but not limited to, total or
partial reproduction, communication or distribution of any form) by persons
other than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited. Please notify the sender
secure or error-free. Ion Beam Applications does not accept liability for any
such errors. Thank you for your cooperation.
< Previous Next >