Re: [opensuse] Installing local RPM's using Yast
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 13:11:53 +0100
Per Inge Oestmoen wrote:
eddieleprince@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

This is an old problem that has re-emerged. Saving an rpm to disk and
then clicking on it opens up a dialogue for installing via yast.
Clicking on that and entering the password, it does all the repository
checks and all that stuff and then comes back and says:

Following packages haven't been found on the medium:
xxxxxxxx

This is a big problem, which ultimately forced me to go back to 11.0.

I do not want to download from outside repositories, I want to save my
files locally for backup and later installations. Besides, I have many
programs that are not opensuse creations to install via rpm's.

When will it be fixed?

Per Inge Oestmoen, Norway

You can use zypper for this (I don't know when it will be fixed).
sudo zypper in path_to_rpm

JR