Re: [opensuse] opensuse 11.1 and command not found
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:57:32 +0100
On 1/27/2009 at 12:50 PM, Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx> wrote:
1) Where is it looking for information on where the missing command can
be installed from?

To my knowledge it uses the zypp database.

3) Does it deal with commands that are installed, but perhaps not in
your PATH?

Yes, it actually does... it tells you from which package it was installed and
how you can reach it, with a hint to check your PATH variable

4) JIC, how could this feature be disabled? Not that I want to...

sudo zypper rm command-not-found

Best regards,
Dominique