[opensuse] opensuse 11.1 and command not found
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:50:44 +0100
Maybe this is not new to 11.1, but this is where I noticed it: When you
type a command that is not found, the shell looks up where the command
might be found, and tells you which package to install. Generally this
seems like a nice touch. I have a few questions:

1) Where is it looking for information on where the missing command can
be installed from?

2) If this feature can find which package that is not installed contains
the file, why can't YasT show the files in packages that are not
installed? There must be a database somewhere for this.

3) Does it deal with commands that are installed, but perhaps not in
your PATH?

4) JIC, how could this feature be disabled? Not that I want to...

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB
Krukmakargatan 21
P.O. Box 17009
SE-104 62 Stockholm, Sweden

Office: Int +46 8-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

--

"On two occasions I have been asked (by members of Parliament!),
'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures,

And remember:

It is like talking about a large city with all construction finished.
Not impossible, but very unlikely.