Re: [opensuse] off-list messages
  • From: Ken Schneider <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 08:03:28 -0500
G T Smith pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:
Jerry Houston wrote:
It's not you, it's your email client. Some handle list headers properly,
and some don't.

When I used Thunderbird, I had to either "reply all" and remove the private
address, or "reply" and then type in the list address. Using KMail (which
I recommend highly, by the way), when I reply to a list message, it goes to
the list. If I reply to a private message, it goes to the private address.

If you are using Thunderbird one needs (if required that is) to amend a
control line in the Config Editor which will cause a reply to a list be
only addressed to the list and without any CCs.

There is a perfectly good Thunderbird Plugin for this purpose, see..

http://alumnit.ca/wiki/index.php?page=ReplyToListThunderbirdExtension

so no need for the above in most scenarios....

This plugin makes Thunderbird useless if you receive an email with
attachments. That's why I stopped using it.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998