Re: [opensuse] No boot screen anymore...
  • From: Teruel de Campo MD <chusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 05:35:15 -0700
On Sun, 2009-01-25 at 23:07 -0600, JB2 wrote:
Hey gang,

After an kernel update with Yast (last year...took me a while to
remember to
ask about this!), when I rebooted my (10.3) system, instead of a nice
green
(or hope of hope, the penguins) screen, I get a bunch of words in a
large(ish) font scrolling by real fast before the login screen finally
pops
up (it looks like the stuff one would later find in /var/log of
somekind).

What happened? Why did a kernel update change my nice green screen
to this
suddenly? How do I get my screen back instead of this humongous
ugliness of
gibberish scrolling along? Is it something to do with menu.lst, which
this is
what mine looks like:

Do you have an usb HD attached and on during boot? If that is the case
unplug or turn off the usb device and see if that makes a difference.

-=terry=-