Re: [opensuse] off-list messages
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 21:08:57 +1100
G T Smith wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:
Jerry Houston wrote:
It's not you, it's your email client. Some handle list headers
properly, and some don't.

When I used Thunderbird, I had to either "reply all" and remove the
private address, or "reply" and then type in the list address. Using
KMail (which I recommend highly, by the way), when I reply to a list
message, it goes to the list. If I reply to a private message, it
goes to the private address.

If you are using Thunderbird one needs (if required that is) to amend a
control line in the Config Editor which will cause a reply to a list be
only addressed to the list and without any CCs.

There is a perfectly good Thunderbird Plugin for this purpose, see..

http://alumnit.ca/wiki/index.php?page=ReplyToListThunderbirdExtension

so no need for the above in most scenarios....

Thanks for this and I have bookmarked the above. I developed some doubts
about the extension mentioned there when I read what's on that page
especially where it's stated that oS now doesn't need this extension.
The page is also rather dated.

There is an experimental extension called Reply To Mail List on the
Mozilla site. The "fix" which I have in place now is working well but
I'll keep an eye on the Mozilla site and try out this extension when it
comes out of the experimental stage.

Ciao.

--
"I do not instruct the uninterested; I do not help those who fail to
try. If I mention one corner of a subject and the pupil does not deduce