Re: [opensuse] grub and the march of the penguins
  • From: Jos van Kan <vankan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 09:21:33 +0100
Amedee Van Gasse schreef:
Doug McGarrett schreef:

The things you learn here! I haven't rebooted this machine since I installed
this edition of Linux, AFAIK, so I've never even seen this "Easter egg"!

The Mrs told me to shut down the pc every night, and I do as I'm told. ;-)

If you put it to sleep instead of powering down it resumes the session after
powering up, so in that way you have one long session of uptime, even if you
shut down the PC each night. It also saves you time, since a resume costs less
time than a fresh reboot.
Reboot is necessary only after a kernel upgrade.

Regards,
--
Jos van Kan registered Linux user #152704