Re: [opensuse] off-list messages
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 12:23:28 +1100
Jerry Houston wrote:
On Sunday 25 January 2009 16:33:41 Constantinos Maltezos wrote:

I sent a couple of replies to - I thought - the mailing list, but not seeing
them show up, I went to look in my sent folder and it appears that when I
hit
the "r" key on my keyboard, it sent them to individuals rather than the
list.
If anyone has received an off-list reply from me, I apologize for that. I
have no idea what happened there.

It's not you, it's your email client. Some handle list headers properly, and
some don't.

When I used Thunderbird, I had to either "reply all" and remove the private
address, or "reply" and then type in the list address. Using KMail (which I
recommend highly, by the way), when I reply to a list message, it goes to the
list. If I reply to a private message, it goes to the private address.

If you are using Thunderbird one needs (if required that is) to amend a
control line in the Config Editor which will cause a reply to a list be
only addressed to the list and without any CCs.

When I find that line I'll post what that is -- but this info was posted
in this forum a while back so you can do a search in the archives if you
want.

Ciao.

--
"I do not instruct the uninterested; I do not help those who fail to try. If I
mention one corner of a subject and the pupil does not deduce therefrom the