Re: [opensuse] off-list messages
  • From: Jerry Houston <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 16:55:51 -0800
On Sunday 25 January 2009 16:33:41 Constantinos Maltezos wrote:
I sent a couple of replies to - I thought - the mailing list, but not seeing
them show up, I went to look in my sent folder and it appears that when I hit
the "r" key on my keyboard, it sent them to individuals rather than the list.

If anyone has received an off-list reply from me, I apologize for that. I
have no idea what happened there.

It's not you, it's your email client. Some handle list headers properly, and
some don't.

When I used Thunderbird, I had to either "reply all" and remove the private
address, or "reply" and then type in the list address. Using KMail (which I
recommend highly, by the way), when I reply to a list message, it goes to the
list. If I reply to a private message, it goes to the private address.