Re: [opensuse] grub and the march of the penguins
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajohansson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 22:10:59 +0100
On Sunday 25 January 2009 22:03:58 Amedee Van Gasse wrote:
When I boot the pc, I have noticed that I don't always get the same
background in Grub.

Most of the times it's a standard opensuse green background, a bit
boring but with stylish gradients.

But sometimes I get cute little animated pinguins in an antarctic
landscape. It looks like a level from pingus (you know, the lemmings
clone).

After reading menu.lst, I think that gfxmenu is taking care of the
background. I'm curious why it isn't always the same.

It's a little easter egg that's been around a while. IIRC, the probability
that the christmas scene is displayed instead of the normal boot screen
increases the closer you get to christmas

Anders