[opensuse] nscd problem when off line
  • From: Anders Damm <anders.damm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 18:22:04 +0100
Hi all!

Have a LAN setup with openldap authentication for some PC running Opensuse11.0.
The setup works real nice, but nscd won't allow log ons to my laptop-PC when
it's off-line.
Trying to switch a use in the console with "su - user-name" terminates after
some minutes with
a message "Permission on the password database may be to restrictive" and
reject the password.

All nscd-settings are unmodified from installation with cash-time set to
approx. 60 minits.

I did have this working for some 10.x versions some time ago, but now I'm
really struck.

Any suggestions how to fix this?

/Anders D.