Re: [opensuse] How to convert from normal ext3 to lvm setup
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 09:49:48 -0500
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On Sunday, 2009-01-25 at 08:17 -0500, James Knott wrote:

Low Kian Seong wrote:
Dear people,

Is there anyway to convert a non-lvm ext3 setup to a lvm setup with
minimal loss of data?

Thank you.

Yes you can, though it's been a while since I've done it, so I don't
recall the process. Ext3 is just ext2 with a journal. You can add or
remove the journaling at any time, via command line.

Googling on ext2 ext3 convert produces several hits. I suggest you
start there.

Er...

I don't think he intends to do "ext2 ext3 convert", but to convert
from traditional partitioning to LVM partitioning.

Geezzz... You expect me to read a message, before I reply to it??? ;-)