Re: [opensuse] Upgraded to 11.1, Random Log outs
  • From: Dave Plater <dave.plater@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 07:59:13 +0200
Andrew Joakimsen wrote:
I upgraded openSUSE 11.0 -> 11.1. The process was pretty smooth with no
errors.

Now when I am using the system it will randomly log out -- exactly if
I had gone to K-Menu -> Log Out and clicked End Current session -- and
take me back tot he green login screen.

Does anyone have any ideas what to check? I looked through the xorg
and kdm logs and didn't see anything interesting.

I upgraded from 32 bit 11.1 rc1 to 32 bit 11.1 retail dvd and
experienced many problems with my system. I then did a "backup home etc"
clean install of 64 bit and ended up with a very smooth stable system.
I've seen other threads about upgrade to 11.1 problems, I don't think
11.1 is such a good candidate for upgrade but for a fresh install it
works well.
Regards
Dave P