Re: [opensuse] Should I go 64-bit?
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 08:06:10 -0800
On Saturday January 24 2009, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
Randall R Schulz escribió:
When I improve a metric of my software by 10%, that _is_
substantial, and conversely if I make some measure 10% worse.

Ok, the compiler produces bigger code and so what ? it is just an
small part of the story..

My point was simply to respond to the point about swapping by saying
that bigger programs will have an increased probability of swapping on
any given hardware configuration (amount of RAM) and every single
program will be bigger when compiled for and run on a 64-bit
architecture. And it's not just the code, it's also the data that are
inflated on a 64-bit model.

Randall Schulz