Re: [opensuse] System lockup on 3d operations (mostly games) - hardware error?
  • From: Constantinos Maltezos <pandarsson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 09:08:38 -0600
On Saturday 24 January 2009 12:06:39 am Gryffus wrote:
HARDWARE ERROR. This is *NOT* a software
problem!
Please contact your hardware
vendor
CPU 1 THERMAL EVENT TSC
9fef682fc
Processor core below trip temperature. Throttling
disabled
STATUS 882301c0 MCGSTATUS
0

With this (despite my confusion at the word "below"), I have to wonder if your
CPU fan is working correctly. If it is not functioning at maximum efficiency,
it could be that whenever you work it hard enough (like many of those 3D games
will do), it will overheat. If this is the case, you're lucky it continues to
run.

I would open up the side panel and watch the fan as I turn it on. Make sure
it spins smoothly. If it does, see if your BIOS throws up a message about fan
speed as it boots and post the result here.