Re: [opensuse] RFC: Tabbed Browsing for Packages
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 10:19:31 -0800
On Friday January 23 2009, Stefan Hundhammer wrote:
Not everbody reads blogs, so I'd like to point you to this:

http://lizards.opensuse.org/2009/01/23/tabbed-browsing-for-packages/

What do you think? Is this a good idea?

Does it solve a real, existing problem?

I routinely use YaST's Software Management module (as opposed to zypper,
which I've never used) and I can't say I've been frustrated by not
being able to concurrently maintain multiple instances of the different
view modes in Software Management. On occassion I switch off between
them more than once or twice in a given invocation, but it's not common
and doesn't feel like an impediment when I need to do so.

Should this change be implemented, would it be available in the
character-mode (curses) form of YaST?

CU
--
Stefan Hundhammer