Re: [opensuse] Changing from 32 bit to 64 bit
  • From: Dave Plater <dave.plater@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 07:23:00 +0200
James Knott wrote:
Dave Plater wrote:

James Knott wrote:

Dave Plater wrote:

Hi, I'm about to reinstall 11.1 in 64 bit version, are there any known
problems ie. if I backup my home will I still have my emails etc when I
restore it to 64 bit 11.1?
Regards
Dave P

Assuming you're using POP email, all your mail etc should be in your
home directory. Just don't format your /home partition. As always,
backups can save a lot of grief.

Already on 64 bit, all mail intact, only problem I had was I did the
backup as root and had to change all the files owners.
Regards
Dave P

????

A proper backup should preserve that info.

I think I did a stupid thing and unchecked the preserve attributes box
in the mc copy dialog.
Regards
Dave P