Re: [opensuse] Yast Seg Faulting on Fresh 11.0 i386 Install
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajohansson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 22:37:19 +0100
On Thursday 22 January 2009 21:53:37 David C. Rankin wrote:
Anders Johansson wrote:
On Thursday 22 January 2009 20:47:12 David C. Rankin wrote:
Listmates,

I installed 11.0 on a laptop yesterday, install went fine. Yast was
fine to begin with. Last night, I did an "update all if newer version
available" from within yast and it completed fine. Now, however, Yast
segfaults repeatedly.

Which repositories did you have active when you did this?

If you update some core library to an incompatible version, you are going
to get segfaults

Anders

Anders,

I have the same repos installed that I have on my other 11.0 laptop with
no problems. The repos are all buildservice 11.0 repos:

Yes, indeed, you seem to have just about all of them, including two separate
qt repos. This makes it very tricky to track down which update caused the
problem.

In general, I think the idea behind repositories is that you enable one or two
that you need, not all of them. Some of them might even be mutually
incompatible.

If you enable core files (ulimit -c unlimited) and then run yast2 from the
same shell where you set the ulimit, you should get a core which could be
analysed.

But my instinct says it is one of the updates you installed. It could be a bug
in one of them, or it could be that you have two libraries from two separate
repositories which are incompatible with each other.

Anders