Re: [opensuse] DVD RW detected as CD ROM only
On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 09:43 +0700, Linux wrote:
i m using opensuse 11.1 64 bit and somehow my DVD RW detected as CD ROM
only. No burning can be done :( It worked fine with opensuse 11.0 32 bit
before. Any clue how to make it detect as DVD RW?

Known problem,
see
http://medwinz.blogsome.com/2008/12/26/workaround-for-dvd-access-on-opensuse-111/

I did the:

"Other workaround is set your user as member of "cdrom" groups. Then
create /etc/udev/rules.d/99-my.rules file with the following entry:

KERNEL=="sr*[0-9]", GROUP="cdrom", MODE="0660"

Reboot your computer and it should be ok now. The rule is to make sure
that /dev/sr0 is always owned by root:cdrom and that cdrom group has the
permission to read and write to the DVD/CD"

and have not had a problem.

--
Brian Millett - [ Laurel Takeshima, "The Gathering"]
"This is Lieutenant Commander Laurel Takeshima. Our docking bays stand