Re: [opensuse] Strange sound problem
  • From: ianseeks <ianseeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 23:23:14 +0000
On Tuesday 20 January 2009 22:32:33 Joop Beris wrote:
On Tuesday 20 January 2009, ianseeks wrote:
Have you removed all references to pulseaudio such as
libpulse? if not, search for pulse in Yast.

I have removed nearly everything...everything except for libpulse0. If I
try to removed that, Yast wants to uninstall a bunch of other apps, like
Mplayer, ManDVD and mpg123. I need those apps...
It wants to uninstall these apps because gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good
requires libpulse0.

Thanks,

Joop
All those programs used to work without pulse. Is alsa installed, if not,
install alsa at the same time you remove libpulse0 and then reinstall any
programs Yast auto-uninstalls. If that doesn't work then install pulse again
but then you'll be stuck with jittering DVDs.