Re: [opensuse] What's up with Novell's website?
  • From: Larry Stotler <larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 10:35:26 -0500
On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I use FlashBlock. It contains a white-list to which I add the few sites
whose Flash animations I do want to see and clicking on the
placeholders FlashBlock inserts in Flash elements unblocks them on a
one-time basis.

As do I, but you still have to click some of them to use some sites.
Once you get past the initial flash, you can usually bookmark what
part of the site you actually need and those usually don't have flash.

Generally, I'm not very persuaded by arguments about "wasted bandwidth."

Anything flash based is a waste of bandwidth IMO. 80% of flash is for
ads, and they are generally so annoying I wouldn't click on them to
buy anything anyway.