Re: [opensuse] 11.0 configuration
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 18:10:04 -0600
had no problems during installation but now i have a long boot with a
list of FAILED.... then linux works.
My question is how can i configure
my linux not to run test on hardware i don't use? Is there a
configuration file i can modify or i need to build
a new kernel with a
different configuration? Which is the best way to manually configure
linux?

Thank you
fabio

fabio,

You must have something messed up. I have an old Abit KT7 with a Tbird
800
running 11.0 right now. I get no errors at all on boot. What errors are your
talking about? I haven't had to modify anything to get 11.0 to run perfectly.

However -- You may want to make sure you have the latest A9 Bios Update
installed. This is the bios update that provides large drive support and other
improvements.

If you can't find it on-line, you can download my copy that I have put
in a
gzip file (it includes the flash utility). You just need to unzip it, copy the
files to a floppy and boot from it. My copy is:

http://www.3111skyline.com/download/linux/hardware/abitKT7bios_A9.tar.gz

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC