Re: [opensuse] 11.0 configuration
  • From: Tamas Sarga <tamas.sarga2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 22:50:29 +0100

fiveel@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,
i am newby and i think it is time for me to understand something
about linux.
I installed 11.0 on an old ABIT KT7 with AMD DURON 900.
had no problems during installation but now i have a long boot with a
list of FAILED.... then linux works.
My question is how can i configure
my linux not to run test on hardware i don't use? Is there a
configuration file i can modify or i need to build
a new kernel with a
different configuration? Which is the best way to manually configure
linux?

Thank you
fabio

Stampa le tue foto a 0,09 €. Non farti sfuggire questa offerta

http://photo.tiscali.it/offerte/promo-natale.shtml

Hi,

If I understand correct, then you see some [FAILED] messages. Those are
not because hardware detection but because services. You (your system)
start some services what can't start. For example you try to run an NTP
(Network Time Protocol) deamon without network connection to the
internet (or a local time server).
You can use Yast Control Center -> System -> System Services (Runlevel)
application to configure what services are enabled. But it can cause
some side-effects, so try to remember what you changed, to reset if
anything goes wrong.
There is a short secription about every service, if you have any other
question just ask!

HTH.
Tamas