Re: [opensuse] How to clean up /var/cache/zypper/RPMS ?
  • From: "Amedee Van Gasse" <amedee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 17:24:15 +0100 (CET)

Amedee Van Gasse wrote:
Philipp Thomas schreef:
On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 15:18:12 +0100, you wrote:

According to the man page, that will remove *all* rpms, not only those
that are out-of-date.
And after trying it, I found out that it did *not* remove the rpms of
the packages I installed manually. Neither did zypper clean --all.
I'd say this calls for a a bug report.

I find it hard to believe that this is a bug. My gut tells me it's just
a "simple" configuration issue, but I don't know.

Anyway before I file a bug report, I would appreciate it if someone
could confirm.

Yes, it's a bug. 'zypper clean' should get rid of the files.

To your former question: yes, you can just 'rm' the files without any
side effects.

Please only reply to the list, I'll read it there.
And thank you for your answer.

--
Amedee