Re: [opensuse] Re: Fork Burst Every 5 Minutes
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 06:23:39 -0800
On Tuesday January 20 2009, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx> [01-20-09 09:03]:
One thing I don't think I've ever been able to do is _find_ all the
crontabs in a SuSE Linux / openSUSE installation.

/var/spool/cron/
/etc/cron.d/
/etc/cron.hourly/
/etc/cron.daily/
/etc/cron.weekly/
/etc/cron.monthly/

Actually, if you look in those directories, you see that they're scripts
run on the specified interval by /usr/lib/cron/run-crons (itself run
once per minute by the entry in /etc/crontab). The actual crontabs
are /etc/crontab and the files in /etc/cron.d/ (and any per-user
crontab established via the crontab comman; they're recorded
in /var/spool/cron/tabs/).

--
Patrick Shanahan

Randall Schulz