Re: [opensuse] openSUSE Devel-Kernel Repositories
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 15:21:27 +0100
On Tuesday 20 January 2009 15:08:02 Joop Beris wrote:
On Tuesday 20 January 2009 14:02:31 Andreas Jaeger wrote:
The ftp repository that Dave mentions as also a HEAD_STAGING area. That
is the kernel of the day for the next version, it contains 2.6.29rc2
right now but the merge is not finished yet.

Andreas,

Hope you don't mind the question, but just to make everything perfectly
clear for me: is this ftp repo 'safe' for daily production use, or are
these kernels not stable enough?

HEAD_STAGING might not be safe, HEAD itself should be really safe right now.

In general: They should have no known serious issues but they are rather
untested, so feedback is welcome at the kernel list. KOTD means kernel of the
day which is a *development* snapshot without real testing, so use at your own
risk.

I use them regularly on my machine - but I always install them with rpm -i so
that I have an older kernel to go back to just in case...

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany