Re: [opensuse] adding PTR (DNS) using Yast
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 15:20:21 +0100
David C. Rankin wrote:
James D. Parra wrote:
Hello,

Is there a place in Yast to add the reverse lookup address?

Many thanks,

James

James,

You can double check what yast does against:

http://ecstasy.3111skyline.com/linux/openSuSE-server.php#bind

I always just set the zones up in a text editor. I'm sure yast does a
good
job, but I've got so used to just moving the zone files or cutting and pasting
new ones that I've never tried yast.

Hi,

http://ecstasy.3111skyline.com/linux/openSuSE-server.php#bind
Error 403, Access forbidden!

See also
http://kobliha-suse.blogspot.com/2008/07/brand-new-features-in-yast-dns-server.html
You might be interested especially in "Automatically Generated Reverse
Zones" :) ;)

Bye
Lukas

--

Lukas Ocilka, YaST Developer (xn--luk-gla45d)
Ano, ano. Moudry rozkaz. Sam jsem nemel v tech gratulacich jasno.